2.21.2012

Behind the {LINZ} / St. Louis Photographer

As pathetic as it sounds, with me being a photographer, this photo is my very first {EVER} headshot! 

You may be following my blog, becoming a fan on Facebook, following me on Twitter and repinning my pins on Pinterest . . . so you're probably wondering "Who is C. Linz?"
First of all, I am a wife and a mother. I am a passionate professional photographer, a freelance graphic designer, a small business owner, a social media junkie & marketing cadet, an emerging party designer, a bit of a Pinterest addict and a web author with a full-time corporate gig! 

Now, let's talk about my passion and the reason why you are here . . . {PHOTOGRAPHY}. I graduated from an art program at a local community college in 2005 where I earned my Associates degree with a focus in graphic design. During the numerous art classes that I was required to take, I never took a photography class. At the time, film photography was a prerequisite for digital photography and I was not interested in incurring additional credit hours or costs to take a  prerequisite. When I received my first digital camera (a FujiFilm FinePix E550) as a gift in 2005 I was immediately in {LOVE}. I loved taking photographs of nature and occasionally tried my 'eye' at portraits. 

In April 2007 my first photograph, "Kiss of Nature", was featured in a local art gallery, Foundry Art Centre. This was a {HUGE} deal for a couple reasons; one, it was the first photograph of mine that had ever been recognized by someone other than a family member and second because my fiance (High School Sweetheart) and I had booked Foundry Art Centre as the venue for our wedding reception and my photograph was hanging on the gallery wall for everyone to see! 

"Kiss of Nature" 2007
As soon as I was married, my last name was legally changed to Lindsey, and I became Crystal Lindsey. I then created a name for my photography business. C. Linz Photography pronounced {SEE LENS} which is a cheesy play on photography and an abbreviated version of my first and last name. The business planning and branding began! 

In June 2007 I received my first DSLR camera as a birthday gift, a Nikon D40X and my portrait photography business was up and rolling! Everything that I have learned has been self taught. I am proud of what I have achieved, it has definitely taken me a lot of time to learn and I am still learning new things everyday. I {LOVE} that there are new things to be learned. I have also been able to take on the role of a teacher/mentor which is a real honor. I have some of the best clients that any girl could ask for. I {LOVE} working with children and I am pretty sure that they love me too . . . none of them have actually said it, but I know they do!

I definitely feel like I've found my {NICHE} in the photography world and I cannot wait to see what my future holds!

{C. LINZ}
{LIKE} me on Facebook
{FOLLOW} me on Twitter
{FOLLOW} me on Google+

4 comments:

Brandi @ Peace Love andTwinkies said...

Pink blazer is rocking my world!

Unknown said...

Thanks!!! Totally inspired by Pinterest, I was happy to find one in a local store :)

Brandi @ Peace Love andTwinkies said...

Did u get the one that was on pinterest?

Unknown said...

No, I found it at H&M! They also have a cute one at JCP.